Have a plumbing concern?
We have on-call plumbers available 24/7
We’ve been providing high-quality, dependable plumbing services throughout Greater Vancouver and the Fraser Valley since 1999.
Have a plumbing concern? We are here to keep your system up and running properly with our quality plumbing services, routine plumbing maintenance, as well as repairs.
For larger projects, a Mr. Swirl technician will visit your property, diagnose the problem with you, and provide an up-front flat fee quote.
We install brand new plumbing system from scratch and are more than happy to go over your system with a fine-toothed comb in order to determine which, if any, components require replacement.
For plumbing services from licensed and friendly technicians, give us a ring at (604) 435 4664
At Mr. Swirl The Friendly Plumber, we have more than 24 years of experience serving the plumbing needs in Greater Vancouver and Lower Mainland.
We provide a high level of quality plumbing and drain services for all our clients, and we are ready 24/7 to handle whatever jobs you may need.
Upfront price. No hidden fees!
Friendly, professional technicians
Standard safety protocols
Fully licensed & bonded
Locally owned & operated
Your popular plumbing questions answered!
How do you estimate plumbing work?
It’s a great question, and one that is often shrouded in mystery. But the truth is, estimating plumbing work whether is a home plumbing services or for business, is a straightforward process that involves a few key factors.
First and foremost, when it comes to estimating plumbing work, it’s important to understand that no two jobs are the same. The complexity and scope of each project can vary widely, which is why it’s important to work with a plumbing professional who has experience and expertise in your specific type of project.
There are a few key factors that we consider when estimating plumbing work. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Materials: The cost of materials is one of the biggest factors in any plumbing project. This includes everything from pipes and fixtures to adhesives and sealants.
For example: of the most common plumbing problem is a clogged drain. Here is the list of equipment a plumber may need to unclog a drain
– Pipe Cameras
– Manual Drain Snake
– Motorized Drain Snake
– Drain Auger
– Hair Snake
– Cable Cleaning
- Labor: The time and expertise required to complete the project is another major factor. This includes everything from the initial assessment and planning to the actual installation and testing.
- Complexity: The more complex the project, the more time and expertise required. This can include factors such as the location of the plumbing, the type of fixtures and pipes being used, and any unique challenges that may arise during the project.
- Accessibility: The accessibility of the plumbing can also impact the cost of the project. If the plumbing is difficult to access or requires specialized equipment, it may increase the overall cost of the project.
- Permits: Depending on the scope of the project, permits may be required from local authorities. This can add time and cost to the overall estimate.
According to City of Vancouver You will need a permit to:
– install, change, or upgrade any part of a plumbing system
– to install or replace a natural gas appliance, piping, or venting
You will not need a plumbing permit to:
– Repair or replace valves or faucets
– Repair or replace fixtures (if they remain in the same location)
– Clear stoppages in pipes or drains
– Repair leaks
- Travel: If the project is located far from the plumbing professional’s office or workshop, travel time and expenses may need to be factored into the estimate.
- Additional Services: Depending on the project, additional services such as excavation, electrical work, or HVAC work may be required. These additional services will need to be factored into the estimate.
- Timeline: Finally, the timeline for the project will also impact the estimate. If the project needs to be completed quickly, it may require additional resources and expertise, which will impact the overall cost.
At Mr Swirl, we pride ourselves on providing accurate and transparent estimates with no hidden fees for all of our projects. We understand that our clients need to know what they’re getting into before committing to a project, which is why we take the time to explain our estimates and answer any questions that may arise.
If you’re looking for a reliable and experienced plumbing professional with affordable plumbing services to help you with your next project, we encourage you to give us a call. We specialize in a wide range of plumbing services, from repairs and maintenance to new installations and renovations. Let us help you with your next plumbing project and experience the difference that our expertise and commitment to quality can make.
Should I call a plumber or do it myself?
DIY projects can be a great way to save money and learn new skills, but it’s important to know when you need a expertise of a trained plumber.
We understand that it can be tempting to take on a plumbing project yourself and save the money to buy something nice for yourself, but it’s essential to consider the potential risks and benefits before diving in.
Our goal is to help you make an informed decision that will save you time, money, and headaches in the long run.
Pros of DIY plumbing:
- Cost Saving: well, biggest advantage is of course that you’ll save money if you fix your plumbing problem all by yourself.
- Sense of accomplishment and learning new skills: Completing a DIY plumbing project can be a rewarding experience. You’ll learn new skills and gain a sense of accomplishment from completing a task on your own.
Cons of DIY Plumbing:
- Lack of expertise and knowledge: Plumbing is a complex trade that requires years of training and experience to master. Without the proper expertise and knowledge, attempting a DIY plumbing project can lead to mistakes, if you don’t have the proper tools, experience, and knowledge, you may end up causing more damage to your plumbing system, leading to more expensive repairs in the long run.
- Need for specialized tools and equipment: Some plumbing projects require specialized tools and equipment that are not commonly found in a homeowner’s toolbox. Purchasing these tools can be expensive and may not be worth the investment if you only plan on completing one or two plumbing projects.
When should I call a plumber?
- Complex plumbing issues that require expertise: If you’re facing a plumbing issue that’s beyond your knowledge or expertise, it’s best to call in a professional plumber. Complex issues such as broken sewer lines or water heater replacements require specialized tools and knowledge that only a professional plumber can provide.
- Plumbing emergencies: If you’re facing a plumbing emergency such as a burst pipe or a flooded basement, it’s important to call a professional plumber right away. Plumbing emergencies require immediate attention and can cause significant damage to your home if not addressed promptly.
Here are some articles you might be interested:
How do you tell if pipes are leaking?
There are several signs that may indicate that your pipes are leaking. Here are five common signs to look out for:
- Water stains: If you notice water stains on your walls, ceilings, or floors, it could be a sign that water is leaking from your pipes. These stains may appear as discolored spots or patches and may also have a musty odor.
- Mold or mildew: Leaking pipes can also cause mold or mildew to grow in your home. If you detect a musty smell or see black or green spots on your walls, ceilings, or floors, it could be a sign that mold or mildew is growing due to water damage.
- Low water pressure: If your water pressure suddenly drops, it could be due to a leak in your pipes. Leaks can reduce the amount of water that flows through your pipes, leading to decreased water pressure.
- Increased water bills: If you notice a sudden increase in your water bills without any explanation, it could be due to a leak in your pipes. Leaking pipes can waste a significant amount of water, leading to higher bills.
- Sounds of running water: If you hear the sound of running water even when no taps or appliances are in use, it may be due to a leak in your pipes. The sound may be faint or loud, and may be more noticeable at night when the house is quiet.
- Wet spots: If you notice wet spots or puddles around your home, it could be a sign of a leak. These spots could be found near your appliances or plumbing fixtures, or in the basement or crawl space.
- Unpleasant odors: Leaking pipes can produce unpleasant odors, such as the smell of sewage or rotten eggs. These odors can be a sign of a serious plumbing issue and should be addressed immediately.
If you suspect that your pipes are leaking, it’s important to contact a professional plumber right away. Ignoring the problem can lead to significant damage to your home and costly repairs. A professional plumber can quickly diagnose and repair the issue, helping you avoid further damage and expenses.
Easy as 1,2,3
What to expect from your service call
Tell us how we can make your day better. We'll book a technician's visit and inspection, give you a flat fee and as soon as we get your approval we can start the work right away.
Our friendly, trustworthy and dependable plumbers will follow all safety protocols to keep you and everyone else safe. All our technicians are trained and certified professionals and will provide high-quality work.
Zero contact payment. We clean up after ourselves so you don't have to worry about any leftover mess. You can have a chance of winning a $100 gift card by giving us a review.