It is recommended to get a semi-annually check every 6 months in order to stay healthy and in top shape. The same is recommended for your household systems such as your toilet and its plumbing to avoid toilet problems. Not to mention your indoor and outdoor drainages.
Did you know that majority of the plumbing-related jobs during this season in the past few years were related to toilets? We use them at least 4-5 times a day, yet we pay so little attention to their condition. This is because they are often perceived as unpleasant places to be as they are associated with feces and urine.
It could also be because sometimes they are considered people’s thinking places. But even those who value their private bathroom and thinking time do not often notice that their toilet plumbing may not be working like it’s supposed to be.
This is because they are thinking about their own issues and problems, or spending time on their phones scrolling away through social media while they use the bathroom. Below is a list of signs you should look out for the next few times you make a trip to the bathroom to ensure that everything is working properly.
Signs of Clogged Toilets and Toilet Problems
Toilet Problems – Inside Your House
Toilet itself – If your toilet does not flush out properly, the water stays in the toilet bowl for a long time, or worst case overflows over the toilet bowl, then there is a problem.
Any of these problems are the primary indicators of a clogged toilet, as water is supposed to flow easily in and out of the bowl and its plumbing system easily. Other than regular matter that is flushable and allowed to go through, except an excessive amount of toilet paper, nothing else should go through the toilet as it is bound to clog it.
Shower near the toilet
– If when you flush, you hear the water gurgle in your shower or bathtub drain, that is not a good sign. You should call Mr. Swirl The Friendly Plumber
to get it checked before a more serious issue arises.
We have all heard that random gurgling sound near the bathtub, on random midnight when you are sitting there. That random gurgling sound is most likely because your toilet is clogged.
Nearby washing machine – If when your washing machine is running, you notice water coming up and gurgling in the toilet, bathtub, and showers. This is a really bad sign as it could cause serious flooding, and worst-case scenario, overflow onto the ground.
If you do hear any trouble that is not the sound of the washing machine itself, make sure to take a note of it and where it’s coming from. If it’s anywhere near your plumbing system, toilet, or shower, call Mr. Swirl The Friendly Plumber
now and have your toilet and its sewer line checked. You don’t want this to happen to you.
These are all indicators that water can’t leave the line easily and backs up into other sewer lines.
Toilet Problems – Outside The House
If you notice a leak near your sewer drain, then there is trouble ahead.
Some of the most common toilet problems include but are not limited to the following
Firstly, leaks! – Leaks can appear in several different areas
- The most common is the water supply valve fixtures of the toilets leaking. They may have gotten loose over time or grew weaker with age.
- There is water dripping from the side of the tank. This means the flapper seat is not placed properly to form a tight seal against or has moved over time.
- Leaks in the supply line that enters the toilet tank. If those leaks continue, then they can lead to bigger problems such as structural damage.
- Around the tank connected to the bowl.
- Surrounding the floor where the toilet meets the ground. It is also indicated by water stains around and the ceiling below the bathroom.
Secondly, flush won’t flush correctly
- The obvious reason would be if the toilet is clogged.
- But other reasons could be that the toilet simply doesn’t flush completely.
- If the toilet fills slowly and gets noisy when not used, that means something is not right along the way.
- There’s a constant sound of gurgling, or it ghosts flushes, which is the flushing randomly when not in use.
- If there is a loose toilet handle. This is when the handle sticks in the down position or the toilet are running constantly. Sometimes it’s simply just too loose from the buildup of debris around it.
What You Should Do?
Mr. Swirl is here to help make your day better 24/7. Give us a call at 604-435-4664 for all your toilet plumbing, and all other plumbing needs. You can also visit our website if you live in Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Pitt Meadows, Maple Ridge, Surrey, Langley, Port Moody, Burnaby, Mission, or New Westminster to book your plumbing services today! Additionally, having a water-saving model toilet would also be beneficial as you can save the resources of the planet.